Search Our Site
- In Photos: Teaching Artisanal Gold Miners To Extract Gold Without Mercury
- Pure Earth Pure Gold Benefit Sparks Golden Opportunity To Fight Mercury Poisoning
- Jewelry Industry Works With Pure Earth Against Toxic Gold
- What’s the Connection Between Your Jewelry and Contaminated Fish?
- Global Brain Trust Quantifying Economic And Health Costs Of Pollution
- Project Highlights 2015: A String Of Firsts
Notes From The Field:
In Bihar, Toxic Lead 150 Times Over Limit
- What Does Flint, Michigan, and Kabwe, Zambia, Have In Common?
- Lake Titicaca Cleanup – Bolivia And Peru Pledges $500 Million
Year In Review:
Lead Free Homes For The First Time In 100 Years
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
Search By Category:
The Pure Earth Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Monthly Archives: June 2011
I was in Beijing last week when news broke of a series of lead poisoning outbreaks in China, followed closely by a Human Right Watch report on China’s response to its toxic lead problem. (Here are links to the New … Continue reading
Petr Sharov, Blacksmith’s Russia and Central Asia coordinator, attended a meeting with President Dmitry Medvedev at the Kremlin in Moscow on June 8, along with representatives from 24 other NGOs working in Russia. At the informal meeting, which took place … Continue reading
Congratulations to all the other winners, and especially to our partners – TerraGraphics Environmental Engineering and Médecins Sans Frontières – who worked with us on the recent lead poisoning crisis in Nigeria. Read more in the Blacksmith newsletter.