Search Our Site
The Blacksmith Institute Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
- Nearly 100% Of Children In This Neighborhood Have Been Poisoned
- Dinner Served On 960 Pieces Of Lead-Free Pottery Sends Urgent Message Across Mexico
- Global Commission On Pollution May Be The Game-Changer
- World’s Top Six Toxic Threats Affect 95 Million People, Steal 14.7 Million Years Of Life
- A Tale Of Three Cleanups – Azerbaijan, Vietnam, Mexico
Monthly Archives: June 2011
I was in Beijing last week when news broke of a series of lead poisoning outbreaks in China, followed closely by a Human Right Watch report on China’s response to its toxic lead problem. (Here are links to the New … Continue reading
Petr Sharov, Blacksmith’s Russia and Central Asia coordinator, attended a meeting with President Dmitry Medvedev at the Kremlin in Moscow on June 8, along with representatives from 24 other NGOs working in Russia. At the informal meeting, which took place … Continue reading
Congratulations to all the other winners, and especially to our partners – TerraGraphics Environmental Engineering and Médecins Sans Frontières – who worked with us on the recent lead poisoning crisis in Nigeria. Read more in the Blacksmith newsletter.