Search Our Site
- In Photos: Teaching Artisanal Gold Miners To Extract Gold Without Mercury
- Pure Earth Pure Gold Benefit Sparks Golden Opportunity To Fight Mercury Poisoning
- Jewelry Industry Works With Pure Earth Against Toxic Gold
- What’s the Connection Between Your Jewelry and Contaminated Fish?
- Global Brain Trust Quantifying Economic And Health Costs Of Pollution
- Project Highlights 2015: A String Of Firsts
Notes From The Field:
In Bihar, Toxic Lead 150 Times Over Limit
- What Does Flint, Michigan, and Kabwe, Zambia, Have In Common?
- Lake Titicaca Cleanup – Bolivia And Peru Pledges $500 Million
Year In Review:
Lead Free Homes For The First Time In 100 Years
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
Search By Category:
The Pure Earth Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Category Archives: Pollution Facts
Meet Filipino gold miners Leoncio Na-Oy (pictured below, right) and Rudy Onos. Over the past few years, Pure Earth has been working with Leoncio and Rudy to test and teach a century-old, traditional method of mercury-free gold mining Leoncio rediscovered in his … Continue reading
From the WHO Fact Sheet on Mercury and Health Key facts Mercury is a naturally occurring element that is found in air, water and soil. Exposure to mercury – even small amounts – may cause serious health problems, and is … Continue reading
“Lead Poisoning from improper automotive battery recycling activities is the number one childhood environmental health threat globally”. — Dr. Jack Caravanos, CUNY professor and research lead at Blacksmith Institute for a Pure Earth While lead pollution can result from a … Continue reading
Think you know pollution? Here are some facts about toxic pollution that might surprise you. Pollution is one of the biggest global threats. Toxic pollution from contaminated sites affects over 200 million people worldwide, with tens of thousands poisoned each year. … Continue reading
Fact Sheet: The Toxic Toll of Mercury – Facts, Figures and the Future of “Dancing Cat Fever” Disease
It has been over 50 years since the first sign of mass mercury poisoning emerged in Minamata, Japan. Cats in the village started staggering and tilting, doing a strange “dancing cat fever.” Then people started acting the same way. … Continue reading