Search Our Site
- In Photos: Teaching Artisanal Gold Miners To Extract Gold Without Mercury
- Pure Earth Pure Gold Benefit Sparks Golden Opportunity To Fight Mercury Poisoning
- Jewelry Industry Works With Pure Earth Against Toxic Gold
- What’s the Connection Between Your Jewelry and Contaminated Fish?
- Global Brain Trust Quantifying Economic And Health Costs Of Pollution
- Project Highlights 2015: A String Of Firsts
Notes From The Field:
In Bihar, Toxic Lead 150 Times Over Limit
- What Does Flint, Michigan, and Kabwe, Zambia, Have In Common?
- Lake Titicaca Cleanup – Bolivia And Peru Pledges $500 Million
Year In Review:
Lead Free Homes For The First Time In 100 Years
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
Search By Category:
The Pure Earth Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Tag Archives: developing countries
Update: Aug, 2015. “The Brown Agenda” is now a best-selling book. Pure Earth founder Richard Fuller has chronicled his experiences doing cleanup in some of the world’s worst polluted places to highlight the issue at the ground level, and … Continue reading
Chronic mercury exposure in the U.S. has risen dramatically, not only in numbers of people affected but also in amounts. A study by Professor Dan Laks found that mercury was detected in only 2% of the blood samples collected over … Continue reading
It has been 40 years since the very first Earth Day. No doubt, things have changed for the better, at least here in the U.S. Our environment is much cleaner, and life-threatening pollution of the kind brought to light by … Continue reading
Finally the drumbeat is getting louder on the issue of environmental toxins and I say it is about time. Last month, NYT’s Nicholas Kristof wrote an op-ed on the link between autism (and other diseases) and environmental toxins. Now, Time … Continue reading
I am glad to report that the Rockefeller Foundation has invited us back to the Bellagio Center in Italy this September to reconvene the next international meeting about the Health and Pollution Fund (HPF) – the planned $500 million public … Continue reading
An interesting new perspective has opened up on the dangers of pollution. While most people know that pollution poisons, it now seems that the immune system is especially affected by contaminants. Pollution appears to skew the body away from making … Continue reading