Search Our Site
- In Photos: Teaching Artisanal Gold Miners To Extract Gold Without Mercury
- Pure Earth Pure Gold Benefit Sparks Golden Opportunity To Fight Mercury Poisoning
- Jewelry Industry Works With Pure Earth Against Toxic Gold
- What’s the Connection Between Your Jewelry and Contaminated Fish?
- Global Brain Trust Quantifying Economic And Health Costs Of Pollution
- Project Highlights 2015: A String Of Firsts
Notes From The Field:
In Bihar, Toxic Lead 150 Times Over Limit
- What Does Flint, Michigan, and Kabwe, Zambia, Have In Common?
- Lake Titicaca Cleanup – Bolivia And Peru Pledges $500 Million
Year In Review:
Lead Free Homes For The First Time In 100 Years
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
Search By Category:
The Pure Earth Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Tag Archives: pollution solutions
News about pollution has lately been dominated by reporting on China’s increasingly toxic air, water and land. All this attention is crucial because it is the catalyst to change. We don’t know when or where, but change is bound to … Continue reading
This is what I like to call our “miracle” mercury recapturing machine. Using simple, low-cost retorts like the one pictured here, Blacksmith has been able to reduce the amount of toxic mercury released into the atmosphere by an estimated 4,000 … Continue reading
It has been 40 years since the very first Earth Day. No doubt, things have changed for the better, at least here in the U.S. Our environment is much cleaner, and life-threatening pollution of the kind brought to light by … Continue reading
I am glad to report that the Rockefeller Foundation has invited us back to the Bellagio Center in Italy this September to reconvene the next international meeting about the Health and Pollution Fund (HPF) – the planned $500 million public … Continue reading
I first blogged about the toxic connection between gold and mercury back in December in my post All That Glitters, when the price of gold reached a record high. Back then, we asked you to join our December Holiday Challenge … Continue reading