Pure Earth is a leading international not-for-profit organization dedicated to solving pollution problems that affect public health (www.pureearth.org). The organization focuses on reducing exposures to toxic chemical pollutants resulting from industrial, commercial, or informal/artisanal activities. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places, advises governments and development agencies on related issues, and conducts groundbreaking research on pollution and its devastating impacts on public health and economic development.
Pure Earth is seeking a Communications Intern.
- Committed and passionate about global environmental health
- Enrolled in a degree program with coursework in strategic communications, environmental science, public health, international affairs
- Strong writing skills for social media, blogs, webpages, press releases
- Knowledge of social media analytics and digital marketing principles
- Ability to work effectively as part of a remote team.
- Assist with maintenance of Pure Earth websites and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Create engaging content for social media channels, blogs and newsletters
- Ability to use media analytics to generate insights into effectiveness of digital efforts
- Ability to create and test different content strategies to assess and increase impact
- Assist in efforts to grow social media following and visibility
15-20 hours per week, $15/hour – Remote
February to May 2021
Please submit a resume, 2 writing samples, 2 social posts and 2 references.