Communications Lead, Bangladesh
About Pure Earth
Pure Earth saves and improves lives, particularly lives of children in poor communities, by reducing disease-causing pollution. We identify toxic hot spots and teach communities how to improve soil, water and air quality with cost effective solutions. This field work, combined with our groundbreaking research and advocacy, elevates pollution as a global priority.
The Communications Lead will create visibility and awareness among stakeholders about Pure Earth’s work solving pollution problems in Bangladesh. Pure Earth aims to become a leader in online engagement driving awareness, interest and action on pollution issues. Goals for the position are to establish and grow social media channels, build and achieve audience engagement, generate compelling content representing the work of the organization, drive website traffic and gain press coverage for key accomplishments.
On day-to-day basis, the Communications Lead will manage Pure Earth’s Bangladesh channels (website and social media) and execute the communications strategy into powerful online content that is based on human story-telling and appealing visuals. Content generated in the Bangladesh office will be used by Pure Earth headquarters and partners to bring global visibility to key accomplishments and garner additional support for projects. The Communications Lead will liaison with UNICEF office and other partner organizations to disseminate joint accomplishments adhering to partnership guidelines.
The Communications Lead will also be responsible for providing comprehensive analytics and insight from all online communications.
Scope of Work
Online Communications Strategy
- Develop and execute online communications strategy consistent with the overall Pure Earth communication strategy
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Pure Earth’s stakeholders and target audience and a strategy to reach and engage with targets.
- Periodically update and strengthen online communication strategy based on insights from social data/ metrics.
- Generate and share content daily and periodically to build meaningful connections and interaction with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
- Create monthly editorial calendars and editorial plan for all Pure Earth Bangladesh social media channels
- Create appealing visuals to be disseminated on social media
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (text, images, video) that builds meaningful connection and builds demand to take action to solve pollution.
- Create Pure Earth Bangladesh webpages and social media pages to increase the visibility of content through – but not limited to – search engine optimization.
- Analyze social data/metrics and generate insights for further improvement on Pure Earth Bangladesh’s online communications.
Newsletter, Blogs, Reports
- Produce and disseminate newsletter and blog stories for Pure Earth subscribers.
- Assist program team in editing and producing reports.
- Develop strategy to boost subscribers for Pure Earth Bangladesh newsletters and blogs.
- Continuously look for innovative online platforms that can be utilized to tell stories, disseminate research findings and key messages of Pure Earth
- Identify and collaborate with partners to assist online dissemination of Pure Earth’s key messages in other relevant channels.
- Establish relationships with social media influencers and members of press.
- Collaborate with Bangladesh office staff and HQ staff to identify, frame and tell stories and/or information from each project consistent with Pure Earth’s overall communication strategy.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
- Ability to effectively represent Pure Earth as the interface with communication leads in UNICEF and other partners.
- Proven working experience in digital and social media for at least three years. An individual with working experience in an environmental organization is preferable.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/ video/ text), presentation, and communications skills.
- Demonstrable social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web development and content management software
- Adequate knowledge of social media tools and their specific functions
- Positive attitude, eyes on details with good multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or any other relevant field