We are seeking a qualified, motivated and creative Grants Manager/Writer to assist Pure
Earth in obtaining major government as well as private grants to support its operations and
programs internationally. The ideal candidate will have a background in institutional
fundraising, ability to work independently as well as in a team, be extremely detail oriented,
and preferably have a keen interest in environmental, environmental health and/or pollution-
The Grant Manager/Writer will develop grant proposals and secure funding from
government/public institutions and private foundations to support ongoing and new projects,
and steward these institutional relationships in coordination with the Chief Development
Officer, President, and Chief Operating Officer; assist Program staff to prepare required
reports to institutional donors; and report to the Chief Development Officer and work directly
with leadership and staff as required for proposal development.
- Identify new funding opportunities by monitoring requests for proposals and
conducting grant research.
- Develop large (multi-million dollar) and medium-sized grant proposals (narrative,
timelines, budgets, etc.) to bilateral and multilateral, private foundation donors, and
secure funding for ongoing and new projects, in collaboration with Program and
- Secure meetings with donors and prospects, and prepare meeting briefings and
summaries. Attend donor meetings as appropriate.
- Help maintain and strengthen relationships with bilateral, multilateral and other
public donor agencies (i.e. EC, USAID, DFID, DoS, GEF, SIDA and the like) and UN
agencies including tracking follow up.
- Assist and/or manage existing grant implementation, reporting and donor relations
- Work with the Communications Department to promote institutional relationships on
the website, social media and press.
- Work with Program/Finance staff to track and prepare reports, as required by current
- Track funding pipeline, successes and prospects.
- Maintain prospect/donor contact information and report deadlines in SalesForce
- Additional tasks as relevant.
Occasional late nights and travel may be required.
- At least three years of experience developing successful grants with bilateral donors,
including budgets, logical frameworks, timelines and other components involved with
large institutional grant applications. USAID experience is preferrable, but not critical.
- Experience with UN agencies.
- Strong writing, research, project management and analytical skills a must.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel (i.e. formulas, referencing, pivot tables, etc.) and
online research tools.
- Team player.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through
- Ability to adapt technical language into appropriate, effective narrative.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in related field (e.g. international
development/relations, public health, environmental science or related field);
Master’s Degree a plus.
- Self-starter and motivated. Must be able to work with directives and minimal
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience/knowledge in pollution, environmental, public health and/or international
development issues preferable
- Knowledge of SalesForce platform, Spanish, French or other language a plus.
Pure Earth is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is commensurate with
experience. We offer partially subsidized HSA health insurance, a non match 401k, and
How to apply
Email resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page grant writing sample as a single attachment to
In the cover letter, summarize in bullet points your applicable skills, experience and track record. Provide at least 2 references.
The subject line of your email should read: Grant Manager/Writer Position Application. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Start date: July.