Reporting directly to the CFO, the Senior Accountant, Grants and Contracts assumes responsibility for post-award grant accounting thus ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial reports, A-133 Audit, and orderly closure of projects.
- Assisting Regional Directors in the financial reporting and other administrative requirements of their grants/contracts.
- Monitoring/tracking the status of each grant through its program life cycle; and maintaining the master financial calendar.
- Maintaining the master grant file.
- Prepare, review, or direct all accounting entries (transactions and journals) related sponsored programs and restricted funds.
- Enter the budget for each grant in Grant Management Module of Adaptive Insights budget software.
- Upload actual transactions in Adaptive Insights budget software from Fund EZ general ledger software.
- Prepare invoice/billings/vouchers and draw down funds for the support of restricted fund expenditures.
- Prepare all applicable fiscal reports for sponsored programs and ensure the timely submission thereof.
- Compute, prepare and submit the annual indirect cost rate. Negotiate the rate with the applicable federal/state agency as necessary.
- Prepare grant closing documents.
- In charge of preparation, review, and coordination of grant related A-133 Audit work.
- Maintaining and updating Database & the multiple reports.
- Directly consult with all stakeholders (grants Regional Directors, principals, bookkeepers, etc.) concerning the sponsored grants and other grant restricted accounts as they relate to financial administration of grants. This includes interpreting federal, state, local requirements and granting agency guidelines of such grants.
- Provide training & workshops to all grant stakeholders on how to more efficiently and effectively manage their respective grants in following board policy, granting agency guidelines, and all applicable federal regulations related to special grants.
- Apply indirect costs monthly (where applicable.)
- Prepare adjusting and closing entries.
- Proposing accounting policies and procedures related to restricted funds for review and implementation by Program Managers.
- Prepare financial statements (related to grants from Adaptive Insights and Fund EZ).
- Attend professional development workshops and seminars to stay abreast of changes related to special programs and restricted grants.
- Advanced knowledge of Adaptive Insights and Fund EZ is required.
- Knowledge of personal computer based applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles.
- Knowledge of federal regulations related to sponsored grants at local, state, and federal levels.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum Four years accounting experience in non-profit grants.
- Advanced experience with Adaptive Insights is required.
- Experience with Fund EZ is preferred.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental, state, and local accounting and budgeting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal grant procedures and reports.
- Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to present accounting data in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non-technical users.
- On-site Location
We currently offer partially subsidized HSA health insurance, a non-match 401k, and transit benefits.
How to Apply
email resume and cover letter to email@example.com