New Report: Top Ten Countries Turning the Corner on Toxic Pollution – 2014/2015
Highlights Top Ten Cleanups of Worst Polluted Toxic Sites, Global Solutions
Teleconference: Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015, 10am, EST
Release of 2014/15 Top Ten Countries Turning the Corner on Toxic Pollution, the latest global report on toxic pollution affecting some of the world’s worst polluted places, highlighting top ten success stories and solutions to this global threat. Report is from Blacksmith Institute for a Pure Earth and Green Cross Switzerland, with Global Alliance on Health and Pollution.
Toxic pollution is one of the biggest global threats – killing one in seven people in low- and middle-income countries. Out of 8.9 million people killed by pollution worldwide in 2012, 8.4 million lived in the developing world. Despite its toll, not enough worldwide attention is being paid to the poisoned poor. This report is part of the effort to raise awareness about this global killer, and to show that pollution is a problem that can be solved.
In this year’s report, we highlight the efforts of 10 countries and 10 projects – success stories – that are saving lives, improving human health and restoring environments. These 10 projects are proof that in spite of numerous obstacles and lack of resources, how truly solvable toxic pollution problems are in 10 very different situations.
The report also shows how the Global Alliance on Health and Pollution (GAHP) is serving as a much-needed mechanism to transfer environmental remediation technology and resources from wealthy countries to developing economies. The GAHP is a coalition of international partners and government agencies dedicated to addressing the threat of toxic pollution around the world.
Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015, at 10:00 AM EST
You must Pre-register for the Teleconference to receive the call-in number. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Teleconference 2015” in the subject line or call 212.870.3490. Please provide your name, email and phone, and affiliation. You will be contacted with teleconference details.
- Richard Fuller – President, Blacksmith Institute for a Pure Earth, which serves as Secretariat for the Global Alliance on Health and Pollution
- Dr. Jack Caravanos, DrPH, CIH, Research Director, Blacksmith Institute for a Pure Earth
- Bret Ericson, MSc, Director of Operations, Blacksmith Institute for a Pure Earth
- David Hanrahan, MSc, Senior Technical Advisor, Blacksmith Institute for a Pure Earth
- Nathalie Gysi – Green Cross Switzerland
- Stephan Robinson – Green Cross Switzerland
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn more: www.pureearth.org, or https://www.gahp.net