Program Manager- (Maharashtra) Mumbai, India
ABOUT PURE EARTH
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is the leading international not-for-profit dedicated to reducing toxic pollution related impacts on the health of the populations especially children and pregnant women. Pollution is the leading cause of death in the world, more than HIV, AIDS and TB combined. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 110 pilot projects in 27 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives.
The 5-year Maharashtra project will strengthen the state health system and create expertise to collect, store, analyze, and use childhood toxic material exposure data, not only to identify sources but to also raise awareness and enable the state government to plan, advocate for, and enact sound, cost-effective policies and interventions to address root causes. The project will provide needed clinical guidance and training for health professionals on toxic pollution source monitoring, their prevention and dissemination of information about the toxic pollution exposure. To reduce toxic pollution and save lives, we partner with local and international organizations, communities, funders, and governments.
The Program Manager will report to the Pure Earth’s Country Director and work closely with the Program Director for field operations. S/He will work in close coordination with International/National Health Experts, State Government’s Health Officials, field staff and project implementation partners in Maharashtra to support project development and implementation activities. S/he will be responsible for management of assigned project related activities, partner coordination, work planning, reporting, communications, budget and contracts/administration.
The Program Manager’s general responsibilities will include:
• Supporting preparation for and implementation of project activities including communicating with government officials, program and research partners, maintaining strict timelines and proper project documentation;
• Providing support to the leadership team in all project related activities, project implementation, qualitative and quantitative assessment of the health systems and conducting surveys. S/he will also review existing health services and infrastructure related to lead poisoning. S/he will also support IRB (Institutional Review Board) ethics applications and reporting;
• Develop materials and briefing documents for meetings and technical consultations.
• Ensuring best practices for health and safety protocols are in place and observed in all project sites & activities;
• Identifying and exploring opportunities for cross-sectoral work on addressing childhood lead poisoning; and develop a framework for the same;
• Coordinating and supporting work planning, budgeting and reporting
• Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of contractual agreements with organizations, consultants and field staff as needed for project activities and facilitate approval of project expenditures and invoices
• Support state advocacy in coordination with India office and technical advisory group
• Independently handle all state actors including state government officials and regularly visit them for consultations and seek support for project activities
• When needed facilitating efficient communication with donors, partners, and consultants; establish and implement systems for partner, consultant, and field communication;
• Participate in communication of the project’s activities, and research results;
• Develop project related presentations, policy briefs, reports, blogs and other content;
• Participate in all state government and other stakeholders review meetings
• Establish networking with different grass-root organisations, health champions, health organizations and research institutes
• Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Country Director.
• Minimum 4-5 years working experience with Government or International Organisation preferably in health sector
• Strong communication skills: must be able to create and present detailed reports & presentations.
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Biological Science, or related fields.
• Strong knowledge of Public Health
• Proficiency in English & Hindi
• Knowledge and good understanding of Maharashtra state health system
• Experience of working with the Health Department, Government of Maharashtra
• Experience in managing and implementing large public health projects in Maharashtra
• Good knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Proficiency in Marathi
Desired Start Date: March 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Jan 29, 2023
Salary for this position is attractive and as per international development agency standards
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV along with current and expected salary in a single attachment to [email protected] with email subject title “Application for Program Manager Maharashtra.”