This is an in-country position.
Pure Earth seeks a qualified Program Manager to manage a waste lead acid batteries (WLABs) project in Tanzania. The Program Manager will be responsible for achieving the project goals as well as additional responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manage all project activities, including liaising with partners, public, private and non-profit sector stakeholders; monitoring project progress; reporting to donors; and publicizing project outcomes and results
- Assist with desk research and analysis of data, creation of Working Group, and report writing
- Assist in planning and organizing of trainings and conferences
- Develop and maintain contacts with relevant ministries, universities, non-profit organizations and other relevant stakeholder groups
- Assist the communications team in preparing articles, blog posts, press releases, videos, and other communications materials related to project activities
- Ability to travel in other countries in the region
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in the fields of environmental or public health, environmental engineering, pollution assessment and remediation, or international development/humanitarian program management
- Ability to tailor written and spoken language, tone, style and format to match your audience and write formal reports to donor organizations and governments
- Ability to speak publicly with confidence and independently lead meetings and workshops that may include senior officials from government or donor agencies
- Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required; allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; monitor and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; use time efficiently
- Experience with grants management for an international NGO desired
An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant discipline is preferred. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted.
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other local languages desired.
This position may require travel to other countries in the region.
Application deadline is: June 10, 2020
Please submit your resume/CV, a cover letter, and a writing sample to Sandyl@pureearth.org with the title: Program Manager Applicant Tanzania
Pure Earth is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in any organizations, or other non-merit factors.