Program Officer – Bangladesh
ABOUT PURE EARTH
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is the leading international not-for-profit dedicated to reducing pollution, saving lives and protecting the planet. Pollution is the leading cause of the death in world, more than HIV, AIDS and TB combined. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 110 pilot projects in 27 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives. In addition, Pure Earth spearheaded a landmark pollution report published in 2017 in the world-renowned medical journal, The Lancet, which released new data on the health and economic impacts of pollution as well as the solutions.
The Program Officer will be part of the Bangladesh team and will work closely in managing large grants that are operational in multiple settings. The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating roles as well as superb report writing skills, ability to work independently, be extremely detail oriented, and have experience in environmental, environmental health, international development, and/or pollution-related projects.
The Program Officer will report to Bangladesh Country Director and work closely with other operational staff, providing administrative and logistic support to large multi-year projects. Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting with the management of a portfolio of grant-funded toxic pollution assessments, exposure mitigation, and community education projects with government agencies (DGHS and DoE), ICDDRB, UNICEF and Stanford university and monitoring project progress against contracts.
• Contributing to the preparation of different sector analytical reports, policy briefs on issues of national relevance as well as other dissemination materials that the organization is tasked to undertake.
• Have good knowledge of budget preparation, implementation process.
• Facilitate effective coordination and joint planning between the partners and other key stakeholders towards achieving objective and specific results outlined in the project documents.
• Communications including drafting and editing formal reports for donors; publicizing projects and results.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, environmental science, environmental engineering, international development or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent report writing and editing skills. Ability to write effectively for diverse audiences, including donors, and project partners.
• Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in diverse cultural environments and coordinate national as well an international team.
• Ability to develop and deliver on goals; identify priority activities and assignments; and problem-solving skills in adjusting plans and activities as necessary
• Experience with statistical software, Excel, Microsoft office and ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
• Ability to effectively represent Pure Earth as the interface with UNICEF, ICDDRB and other partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Application Deadline: September 15th, 2023
Salary: Monthly US $1100-1200
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and up-to-date CV/resume as a single document with contact details to [email protected]