Strategic Communications Consultant- Mexico
ABOUT PURE EARTH
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is the leading international not-for-profit dedicated to reducing pollution, saving lives and protecting the planet. Pollution is the leading cause of the death in world, more than HIV, AIDS and TB combined. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 110 pilot projects in 27 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives. In addition, Pure Earth spearheaded a landmark pollution report published in 2017 in the world-renowned medical journal, The Lancet, which released new data on the health and economic impacts of pollution as well as the solutions.
The Strategic Communications Consultant will develop a national communications strategy to support Pure Earth Mexico’s programmatic and advocacy goals. The consultant will define and target priority audiences, develop an engagement path for audience segments, develop and test messaging per audience segment, plan the tactics and tools for implementation, and collaborate with external partners.
The Consultant will also coordinate with Pure Earth’s global team in the conceptualization and planning of a targeted national campaign, with global tie-ins, to elevate the issue of lead poisoning within the environment and health agendas.
• Developing, maintaining, and executing on a strategic communications roadmap aligned with organizational goals and strategies of the Mexico office and New York headquarters.
• Evaluating and realigning an active digital communications program across all channels (email, social, and websites) to meet strategic targets.
• Sharpening and differentiating Pure Earth Mexico and Barro Aprobado’s online brand and improving user experience across all channels.
• Conceptualizing and executing online and offline campaigns and projects with corporate and multilateral partners.
• Providing support and training to Pure Earth Mexico communications team in campaign development and execution.
• Developing and managing relationships with members of the media to ensure positive coverage of Pure Earth’s efforts.
• Collaborating with the development team to establish and manage an active, personalized email communications program.
• Guide community engagement across all channels.
• Provide messaging and editorial guidance to staff to ensure materials are aligned with key messages and strategies (social posts, blog posts, position papers, press releases and other content).
• Establishing performance indicators and tools to measure and report on progress regularly.
Qualifications & Experience:
The candidate will have a proven record of successful online and offline campaigns, user engagement, and a demonstrated ability to react to current events.
The successful candidate will be a team player and have the ability to build stakeholder relationships across many levels, capitalize on existing resources, and work effectively within the team. We’re looking for someone who is creative in their approach to message development, content creation and tactics to reach target audiences. This position requires a high level of creativity and solid editorial judgement as well as the ability to use and produce social media analysis that drives strategy and supports the growth of our work worldwide.
Key Qualifications include:
• Three years of experience in strategic communications including:
• Experience crafting and executing holistic online and offline strategies with a variety of audiences and goals
• Experience conceptualizing and executing advocacy campaigns
• Ability to compile and analyze digital engagement metrics
• A passion for creating engaging content across all media channels
• Demonstrated news judgement and media relations skill
• Experience with web content management (especially WordPress)
• Experience with global teams
• Experience developing and executing partnerships and campaigns with corporations and large NGOs
• Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience
• A background or degree in journalism, environment or public health is a plus
Salary: MX $40,000/year
Applications reviewed upon receipt
Expected Start Date: June 1, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume/CV and writing sample to [email protected].