Social Media and Engagement Manager
Part-time, Remote or in-person
Pure Earth, the world’s leading organization dedicated to solving the pollution crisis in low- and middle-income countries, has a unique opportunity for a part time Social Media and Engagement Manager to join our team. Reasonable accommodations can be made to fit a flexible schedule. The successful candidate will be a talented, reliable, deadline-driven strategist and creator, with experience using digital channels and tools to successfully grow followers and engage target audiences around the globe.
The Social Media and Engagement Manager will work with the Director of Communications to execute a social media strategy, plan and publish content, manage community engagement, track outcomes, and assist country offices in bringing their social channels online.
Responsibilities will include:
• Planning, developing, and posting engaging content — aimed at increasing followers — to the primary Pure Earth social channels
• Supporting a growing paid media program
• Managing community engagement across all channels
• Measuring and reporting on key performance indicators regularly
• Managing the cross channel amplification of content between global offices and headquarters
• Supporting global digital campaign efforts with the Director of Global Strategic Communications
• Coordinating project work with vendors, such as web and graphic designers, and video producers, on content for social media channels.
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate will have a proven record of successful online campaigns, user engagement, audience growth, and analytics experience for continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be a team player and have the ability to build relationships, capitalize on existing resources, and work effectively with a diverse set of colleagues across the globe. We’re looking for someone who is creative in their approach to online content. This position requires a high level of creativity and solid editorial judgement, and a demonstrated ability to react to current events in the global environmental and public health realm.
Key qualifications include:
• Up to three years of experience in digital communications including:
• Experience crafting and executing digital strategies targeting audience segments with differentiated messaging to achieve goals
• A background or degree in environmental science, policy, global public health and/or journalism
• Experience developing and managing cross-channel content calendars
• Ability to compile and analyze digital engagement metrics for social media monitoring and engagement
• A passion for creating engaging content across all digital channels
• Demonstrated news judgement
• Experience with global teams
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, writing sample, social media posts/campaigns to [email protected].
Application Deadline: open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employment
It is the policy of Pure Earth to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, gender or gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.