Scroll below to find an up to date list of protocols, technical guidance documents, and public education materials organized by Pure Earth’s 5-Phase Approach to Mitigate Lead Exposures.
Pure Earth is a trusted source for technical guidance on mitigating lead exposures. Read Pure Earth’s Programmatic Framework for Lead.
Pure Earth’s 5-Phase Approach to Mitigate Lead Exposures was developed from our experience of over 50 successful projects in low- and middle-income countries:
- Health Surveillance Conduct baseline BLL (blood lead level) testing and analysis to understand prevalence, severity and location of exposure.
- Source Analyses Measure likely sources in houses where people have elevated lead levels, to determine the most significant sources of exposure.
- Source-Specific Interventions Design and implement interventions to reduce the use and/or release of lead in products and industrial processes.
- Communications Disseminate findings to inform and build support with governments and funders for action.
- Country-Led Implementation Strategy Support the implementation of strategies and programmatic approaches within Ministry operations