The auction has closed. A few select pieces of the collection are still available. Explore and buy now.
Participating 2023 Pure Earth Pure Gold jewelers:
Andrea Jose Castro, Andrea Lucille Pooler, AniFineJewelry, Arvino, Barbosa, Bario Neal, Bliss Lau, Brilliant Earth, Christina Malle Jewelry, Dana Bronfman, Delphine Leymarie, EN Studio, FUTURA, Irene Weinz, LOLiDE, Lorraine West, Made Line, Maya Kini, Melissa Joy Manning, MERZATTA, Mina Stones, Patrizia NYC, Pippa Small Jewellery, Roseate Jewelry, Sandrine B. Jewelry, SharonZ, Steven Jacob, Susan Crow, TOBY POMEROY, Truss and Ore, WEND, WWake.
The 2023 Pure Earth Pure Gold collection and auction features beautiful pieces crafted using Fairmined gold donated by industry leader Hoover and Strong. The auction is now closed. Click here to see select pieces that are still available.
These beautiful pieces of jewelry can help save lives:
💪 Support Pure Earth’s work training artisanal miners to mine without mercury
🌲 Help artisanal miners restore rainforest damaged by destructive mining
🐟 Help reduce mercury, which travels and poisons seafood worldwide.
2023 Pure Earth Pure Gold photos:
Creative Direction: Michella Cruz & Jackie Barbosa
Photo: Chad Johnson, The Commercial Art Lab
Model: Michella Cruz
Styling: Jackie Barbosa
Hair and Makeup: Daniel Pazos
What is the Pure Earth Pure Gold Jewelry Collection & Auction?
Since 2017 Pure Earth has collaborated with jewelry designers and others in the industry to raise awareness about the global impact of mercury pollution from gold mining, and the plight of artisanal and small-scale gold miners who risk their health to make a living.
A centerpiece of this effort is the annual Pure Earth Pure Gold jewelry collection and auction, which features beautiful, unique pieces of jewelry crafted by designers who are passionate about using responsibly-sourced materials and supporting Pure Earth’s work.
Funds raised from the auction of the annual collection support Pure Earth’s pollution cleanup efforts around the world, including work directly with artisanal and small-scale gold mining (ASGM) communities to help them mine without mercury and restore land stripped by mining in the Amazon rainforest.
Faces of the collection have included actor and musician Ruby Modine; members of the Model Mafia, a collective of activist models brought together by Cameron Russell and Áine Rose Campbell; modeling sensation Molly Bair; and Colombian actress, model, and philanthropist Taliana Vargas.
The 2023 Pure Earth Pure Gold collection and auction features Brazilian model and gemologist Michella Cruz.
Learn about our work:
- Global Mercury Program
- How Gold Miners In The Peruvian Amazon Are Working To Restore The Rainforest
- A Mining Association in the Amazon Learns the Art of Mercury-free Gold
- An Amazonian Mining Community Fulfilling its Obligation to the Rainforest
- Empowering Women Gold Miners in Indonesia
- Transforming Chichiqueros Gold Mining Community in Peru’s Rainforest into Mercury-Free Model
- Peru: Community-Led Reforestation and Mercury-Free Training
- Gold Mining in the Amazon Rainforest (VIDEO)
- Jeweler Meets Artisanal Gold Miner In Amazon Rainforest (VIDEO)
Special Thanks To:
- The Alliance for Responsible Mining and the many Fair-mined licenses that participated in the auction
- Ethical Metalsmiths for the support of their membership
- Hoover and Strong for donating responsibly-sourced gold to participating jewelers
- Perpetuum Jewels for donating responsibly sourced stones to participating jewelers