Health Program Officer – Indonesia
About Pure Earth Indonesia Foundation
Pure Earth Indonesia Foundation is an environmental health non-profit organization with focus to mitigate impacts of toxic pollution to the environment and human health. We carry out work through approaches which combine research, technical intervention, public education, capacity building and policy recommendation.
The Health Program Officer will report to the Director of Pure Earth Indonesia Foundation, and work closely with the country staff and project partners in Indonesia to support project development and implementation relevant to health. S/he will be responsible for management of assigned projects related to health and research activities, partner coordination, work planning, reporting, communications, budget and contracts/administration.
Scope of Work
• Providing support to any health-related project activity and research including desk and literature review, key informant interviews, and surveys. S/he will also design/review research materials and produce briefing and synthesis documents/reports for meetings and technical consultations. S/he will also support IRB ethics applications and reporting;
• Coordinating technical advisory group, including maintaining communication with group members, documenting consultations, identifying research questions, and sharing information;
• Supporting preparation for and implementation of any health-related project activity and research, including communicating with program and research partners, maintaining timelines and documentation of such activities, and planning for and supporting implementation;
• Ensuring best practices for health and safety protocols are in place and observed in all project sites;
• Identifying and exploring opportunities for cross-sectoral work on addressing childhood lead and heavy metal poisoning; and develop a framework for this;
• Overseeing relevant project coordination and partner collaboration to ensure timely communication, information sharing, and implementation;
• Coordinating and supporting work planning, budgeting, and reporting;
• Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of contractual agreements with organizations, consultants and field staff as needed for health-related project activities and research; monitor, review, and facilitate approval of invoices;
• Facilitating efficient communication with donors, partners, and consultants; establish and implement systems for partner, consultant, and field communication;
• Participating in communicating of the project’s vision, activities, and research results; develop/review external-facing presentations, website content, blogs, briefs, and reports; and
• Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Country Director.
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Biological Science or related field;
• Experience working with the Government of Indonesia, especially Ministry of Health, as well as network with health related institutions;
• Experience managing and implementing public health projects in Indonesia;
• Medical terminology knowledge and strong knowledge of public health;
• Strong analytical skills and must be able to create detailed reports;
• Good communication skills;
• Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume/CV in a single attachment to [email protected] no later than March 31, 2023.