Health Program Officer- Philippines
The Health Program Officer will report to the Pure Earth’s Country Director and work closely with the Program Officer for Field Operations and National Consultant for Public Health and Toxicology and with field-based staff and project partners in the Philippines to support projects development and implementation relevant to health. S/he will be responsible for management of assigned projects related to health and research activities, partner coordination, work planning, reporting, communications, budget and contracts/administration.
The Health Program Officer’s general responsibilities, will include:
• Providing support to any health-related project activity and research including desk and literature review, key informant interviews, and surveys. S/he will also design/review research materials and produce briefing and synthesis documents/reports for meetings and technical consultations. S/he will also support IRB ethics applications and reporting;
• Coordinating technical advisory group, including maintaining communication with group members, documenting consultations, identifying research questions, and sharing information;
• Supporting preparation for and implementation of any health-related project activity and research, including communicating with program and research partners, maintaining timelines and documentation of such activities, and planning for and supporting implementation;
• Ensuring best practices for health and safety protocols are in place and observed in all project sites;
• Identifying and exploring opportunities for cross-sectoral work on addressing childhood lead poisoning; and develop a framework for this;
• Overseeing relevant project coordination and partner collaboration to ensure timely communication, information sharing, and implementation
• Coordinating and supporting work planning, budgeting, and reporting
• Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of contractual agreements with organizations, consultants and field staff as needed for health-related project activities and research; monitor, review, and facilitate approval of invoices;
• Facilitating efficient communication with donors, partners, and consultants; establish and implement systems for partner, consultant, and field communication;
• Participating in communicating of the project’s vision, activities, and research results; develop/review external-facing presentations, website content, blogs, briefs, and reports; and
• Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Country Director.
• Minimum 2 years experience
• Strong communication skills: must be able to create detailed reports.
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Biological Science, or related fields.
• Strong knowledge of Public Health.
• Experience working with the Ministry of Health, Government of Philippines
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Biological Science, or related field
• Experience managing and implementing public health projects in the Philippines
• Medical terminology knowledge
Salary Range: $600-1000 USD/month
Desired Start Date: December 15, 2022
Application Deadline: December 5, 2022
Please send a cover letter, Resume/CV in a single attachment to [email protected].