Program Director – Bangladesh
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is a leading international not-for-profit organization, dedicated to solving pollution, saving lives and protecting the planet. Pollution is the leading cause of the death in world, more than HIV, AIDS and TB combined. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 110 pilot projects in 27 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives. In addition, Pure Earth spearheaded a landmark pollution report published in 2017 in the world-renowned medical journal, The Lancet, which released new data on the health and economic impacts of pollution as well as the solutions.
The Program Director will be a part of the Bangladesh team, focusing on researching, planning, developing, and implementing projects in the country. S/he is responsible for developing a results-oriented team and ensure that these projects meet highest program quality. The ideal candidate will have to be a proven and proactive person who is detail-oriented, well-organized, proactive, and skilled in financial and project management systems on environmental health, international development, and/or pollution-related project.
The Program Director will report to Bangladesh Country Director and will work closely with other operational staff. Key responsibilities include:
• Provide management oversight to all projects
• Provide strategic guidance to partners and project staff who are responsible for implementing various project components to achieve desired outcomes with an eye towards innovative, high impact solutions
• Establish strong relationships with external stakeholders, including relevant government agencies, relevant networks, and civil society organizations
• Develop country program strategy based on the project needs and ensure proper implementation and monitoring
• Develop scopes of work for participating institution who will work closely with the ministries, DoE, DGHS and relevant partner institutions
• Develop, track and adapt project work-plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders and government agencies
• Monitor the project budget to ensure resources are available to meet program objectives without cost overruns
• Proactively and promptly identify and analyze areas of risk and any potential problems related to the program. Directly address these issues and advise management and program team on solutions and preventative measures
• Ability to effectively represent Pure Earth as the interface with Government Institutions and partners
• Identify and pursue business development plan and strategic partnership opportunities among interested entities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• International development practitioner with at least 10 years of project management experience with multiple participating institution including government
• Demonstrated experience solving complex problems based on relevant information, resources, and experience
• Skilled manager of people and stakeholder with a track record of leading teams that exceed expectations
• Strategic thinker, ability to operate comfortably and effectively in diverse cultural environments and coordinate national as well as international team
• Ability to develop and deliver on goals; identify priority activities and assignments; and problem-solving skills in adjusting plans and activities as necessary
• Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity and multi-tasking
• Strong writer of reports and proposals
• Master’s degree in public health, engineering, social science, environmental science, economics, development studies, or related field.
Salary: US$ 2500-3000/month
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and contact details to [email protected]
Application Deadline: January 10, 2023.