Global Project Launch Webinar
October 26, 2023
Pure Earth held the virtual global launch of Strengthening Health Systems to Reduce Lead Exposure during International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week 2023.
Program leaders in the five participating countries – Colombia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Maharashtra, India, and Peru – discussed this collaboration with ministries of health to strengthen each country’s national healthcare system to better prevent, identify, and treat lead poisoning.
Thank you to our panelists, who included:
- Dr. Yi Lu, Director, Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, Vital Strategies
- Dr. Nitin Ambadekar, Additional Director of Health Services (RCH), State Family Welfare Bureau, Pune Maharashtra, India
- Lizeth Olaya, Country Director, Pure Earth Colombia
- Indira Zhakipova, Director, Ecois Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Budi Susilorini, Director, Pure Earth Indonesia Foundation
- Rodrigo Velarde, Country Director, Pure Earth Perú
The webinar was moderated by Alicia Ogawa, Pure Earth Board Member and included a brief video overview followed by a panel discussion, and audience Q&A.