PT Administration and Finance Officer
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
ABOUT PURE EARTH
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is the leading international not-for-profit dedicated to reducing pollution, saving lives and protecting the planet. Pollution is the leading cause of death in the world, more than HIV, AIDS and TB combined. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 110 pilot projects in 27 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives. In addition, Pure Earth spearheaded a landmark pollution report published in 2017 in the world-renowned medical journal, The Lancet, which released new data on the health and economic impacts of pollution as well as the solutions.
To reduce pollution and save lives, we partner with local and international organizations, communities, funders, and governments. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, science/engineering, international development, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, the lead recycling industry, and more.
The A&F Officer will plan, organize and supervise inventory and fixed assets and conduct asset disposal and logistic service management with the objective of providing required materials for the projects. The Officer coordinates, manages and provides high-level administrative support to Pure Earth’s Bangladesh leadership to ensure they efficiently accomplish key tasks and company initiatives. S/he keeps the executive’s communications organized so that they can easily access the most important information without having to sort through low-priority items.
• Ensure overall project administrative activities for smooth operation and maintaining details of project financial transfers and payments, record of documentation; supporting preparation of partners/stakeholders contracts and liaising with partners/stakeholders on specific administrative requirements.
• Ensure day-to-day project’s cash needs, transfers, payments and reviewing invoices while maintaining proper communication with Finance and Accounts department.
• Track project expenditure and prepare accurate financial reports in a timely manner as required by the project.
• Responsible for internal and external reporting deadlines- preparing donor reports highlighting the financial situation in a timely manner.
• Support project staff to financial transition to implementation of project activities as per project requirements.
• Ensure logistical support including procurement of goods and services, staff recruitment, arranging trainings, workshops, meetings and events, contracts development, management and maintenance of project inventory, travel management; etc.
• Responsible for other duties from time to time as may be required by the project
• Masters in Commerce/Masters in Business Administration
• Good academic records
• Solid knowledge of office procedures, strong organizational skills with problem-solving attitude
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS word, Excel) and the use of the Internet
5 years of experience in respective field.
This is a part time position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume/CV to [email protected]